Stay in control of your business finances for tax time. Perfect for freelancers, sole-traders and contractors.
People already using and loving the app
"Must have tool"
Great application. I can track all of my expenses easily and seamlessly with just a few swipes. The most time effective tool I have come across!!! Soo simple and easy to navigate! It literally takes about 5 seconds to learn and saves about 5 hours of your admin time.
EZb87 - 22 Nov 2016
The app is so user friendly and easy to use! Great for busy business owners with no time! Favorite feature is definitely the mileage feature!
Mariossahhjfi - 22 Nov 2016
I love the mileage tracker and how I can link in multiple bank accounts. Makes tax time a breeze.
Tracy Napier - 22 Nov 2016
"The best business tool ever"
I just started driving for Uber and I had no idea what I was going to do from a tax filing and tracking perspective, but I’ve found the key. Talk about an intuitive, “Swiss army” of and app. You all have out done yourselves. All in all, great job team!
Orin Porter - 17 Nov 2016
Makes me looks professional the way business is managed now. Before, omg. I’m not a paperwork girl. Now the paperwork handles itself and managing is as easy as a Facebook post entry of what I’m doing. Will never live without again.
Chantel Wesley - 17 Nov 2016
Great application. I can track of my expenses easily and seamlessly with just a few swipes.
The Black Dragon - 15 Nov 2016
"Just what I was looking for"
Simple, efficient, fast and informative
Fatty Smurf - 15 Nov 2016
Save 50% for the life of the subscription**
FREE 30 day trial2
- Be ready for tax time with finances in one place
- Categorise as business or personal trips
- Track mileage automatically
- Create and send invoices on the go
- Snap and capture expense receipts
- Suitable for businesses not registered for GST
- Perfect for freelancers, contractors, self-employed workers and sole-traders.
Frequently asked questions
How does QuickBooks Self Employed work?
QuickBooks Self Employed connects to your bank so you can easily categorise income and expenses, capture and match receipts, send invoices, and automatically track mileage so you will be ready come tax time.
Is QuickBooks Self Employed right for me?
QuickBooks Self-Employed is perfect for freelancers, contractors, self-employed workers and sole-traders. QuickBooks Self Employed connects to your bank so you can easily categorise income and expenses, capture and match receipts, send invoices, and automatically track mileage so you will be ready come tax time.
Is the QuickBooks Self-Employed App free to download?
Yes. The app comes as part of your subscription. Ideal for when you’re on the move, now you can capture receipts from your smartphone, categorise your expenses and get paid faster with the ability to send invoices, all in one handy app!
What is GST & do I need it?
Goods and services tax (GST) is a broad-based tax of 10% on most goods, services and other items sold or consumed in Australia. You must register for GST if:
- Your business has a gross income of $75,000 or more
- Your non-profit organisation has a turnover of $150,000 per year or more
- You provide taxi travel for passengers in exchange for a fare as part of your business, regardless of your GST turnover. This rule applies to both taxi owner drivers and people who just rent a taxi.
- Visit the Australian Tax Office for more information