Accept payments with PayPal and Credit Cards
using QuickBooks Online
Intuit QuickBooks Online makes it Seriously EasyTM to accept payments with PayPal, credit cards and debit cards. Get paid as soon as you invoice.
Watch small businesses benefit from accepting online invoice payments
Save time with more ways to accept payments
- Customise, create and email invoices from anywhere, anytime, on any device.3
- “Pay Now” option on QuickBooks Online invoices enable your customers to pay in just 3 clicks.
- Your customers can make instant payments via credit cards, debit cards and PayPal.
Say goodbye to chasing late payments
- Replace manual ways of getting paid like one-off bank transfers with online payments via PayPal, credit cards and debit cards.
- Raise invoices and accept payments on the go to improve your cash flow.
“ What we can now do is invoice a client on the spot. They can then get that invoice on their emails and instantly push a button to pay it.”
- Dale Wyatt, Nova Bookkeeping, Carrum Downs, VIC
PayPal transactions synced
- Import transaction data from your PayPal account, including sales, expenses, fees, discounts and GST so you are ready come tax time.
- Import up to 18 months of past transactions and customer data from your PayPal account, so you easily record your financial data in one place.
- No more manual data entry – we will update your PayPal sales receipts and categorise your expenses in QuickBooks Online.
“ It’s just great. It makes all of the payment processing a lot more efficient, a lot faster, and easier to pay.”
- Dan Platt, Localing Private Tours, Melbourne, VIC
Learn how to improve your cash flow
Did you know Australian small businesses are owed around $26 Billion in unpaid invoices?2
Intuit QuickBooks Online and PayPal spoke to 508 Australian small businesses about their payments-related pain points and the impact on their cash flow. Download this e-Book for some practical tips & advice on how to improve your cash flow
Please fill in the below form to download How to improve cash flow e-Book to receive practical advice on how to get paid faster and manage your business finances effectively
Use the below link to download our How to improve cash flow e-Book.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I already have a QuickBooks Online account but don’t have a PayPal account yet?
If you don’t have a PayPal account yet, click here to create one.
What if I already have both a QuickBooks Online and a PayPal account?
If you already have QuickBooks Online and PayPal accounts, click here to simply add the Accept payments with PayPal app to your QuickBooks Online account. Your 2 accounts will then start working together and you will be able to use PayPal to receive or make payments in QuickBooks Online.
How does Accept Payments with PayPal app work?
Using QuickBooks Online and the Accept payments with PayPal app, you can send invoices with a "Pay Now” link, and your customers will be able to make online payments using PayPal, Visa, MasterCard or American Express. You will receive payments in your PayPal account and the accounting will be done in QuickBooks Online. Connecting the Accept payments with PayPal app with your QuickBooks Online account is quick, easy and secure. Simply click here to get the App now.
Will the Accept payments with PayPal app also help save time entering PayPal transactions?
Yes! In addition to providing an option to accept online payments, Accept payments with PayPal will import sales and expenses. When a payment is received by PayPal, it syncs with QuickBooks Online, with detailed information including which item is sold, quantity, discount, taxes, etc. PayPal fees are also imported as an expense, so it is properly recognised in your QuickBooks Online account.
How much does the Accept payments with PayPal app cost?
Intuit QuickBooks Online does not charge anything for the Accept payments with PayPal app. You will need an Australian QuickBooks Online account as well as an Australian PayPal account to use this app. If you choose to accept online payments using this app, PayPal transaction fees may apply for online payments processed. See the PayPal pricing page for details.
How does the data import using this app differ from connecting to PayPal using the bank connection feature in QuickBooks Online?
Accept payments with PayPal simplifies your bookkeeping by providing a breakdown of PayPal transactions like fees, GST, income and expense within QuickBooks Online. The data import functionality of this app will automatically disable any other PayPal data connection you may have within QuickBooks Online to avoid duplication of transactions.
*Receive a 10% discount off the current monthly price for QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 20% discount off the current monthly price for QuickBooks Online Essentials or 30% discount off the current monthly price for QuickBooks Online Plus for the first 12 months of service, starting from date of enrolment, followed by the then current monthly price. Your account will automatically be charged on a monthly basis until you cancel. You must select the Buy Now option and will not receive a 30-day trial. Offer valid for new QuickBooks Online customers only. No limit on the number of subscriptions ordered. You can cancel at any time. Offer cannot be combined with any other QuickBooks Online offers. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
- Data access is subject to Internet or cellular provider network availability and occasional downtime due to events beyond our control.
- Based on study conducted by Galaxy Research in September 2015 which surveyed 508 small business owners to find-out the pain points associated with getting paid on time.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with Internet Explorer 10, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari 6 and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. QuickBooks Online is accessible on mobile browsers on iOS, Android, and Blackberry mobile devices. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
The PayPal service is provided by PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) which holds Australian Financial Services Licence number 304962. Any information provided is general only and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please read and consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement at paypal.com.au before acquiring or using the service.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice. Standard message and data rates may apply. iPad, iPhone, Safari, and Apple are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android and Chrome are trademarks of Google Inc. Microsoft, Internet Explorer, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. The Trademark BlackBerry® is owned by Research In Motion Limited and is registered in the United States and may be pending or registered in other countries. Intuit Inc. is not endorsed, sponsored, affiliated with or otherwise authorized by Research In Motion Limited.