We’re excited to announce that more banks will be providing direct feeds to your QuickBooks Online file over the coming months.
Direct feeds provide a secure, reliable connection between your bank account(s) and QuickBooks Online thereby eliminating connection errors as well as duplicate and missing transactions. This new level of accuracy will save you time and help give you peace of mind so you can continue focusing on growing your business, not keying in data.
Here’s a list of the banks that are lined up to start providing direct feeds over the coming months. We’d love to hear from you about which other banks you’d like to see added.
QuickBooks supported banks:
- St. George
- Bank SA
- Bank of Queensland
- Bank of Melbourne
- Macquarie Bank
Connecting your bank data to QuickBooks Online
When you connect your bank account(s) to QuickBooks Online, you’re creating a secure connection for your bank transaction data to flow directly from your bank to QuickBooks Online. It’s a one way transfer of data only which is entirely safe – it’s the exact data you’d see on your bank statement.
With your business transaction data automatically flowing into QuickBooks Online, your data entry is done, your books are up to date at any time so you can make informed business decisions more quickly.
How to connect your direct feed
If you are an ANZ customer, please see these instructions.
For other supported banks, it’s a simple 3 step process – you select the accounts you want to connect, you complete the authority form then you turn the connection on.
To set up a bank feed for QuickBooks Online:
- At the dashboard, click Transactions then Banking
- Click Add account in the upper right
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select the bank or card you want to connect to QuickBooks Online.
- When prompted to provide your bank account number and BSB information, this indicates you’re about to create a secure direct feed connection.
- Next, to authorize the bank to provide the data, print the authority form, sign it and post it to:
SISS Data Services Pty Ltd
Locked bag 3060
Crows Nest NSW 1585.
Once the form is received, it takes about 10 days for everything to be set up and the data to start flowing. During this time, your bank transaction data will be made available via our standard bank feed service so no data is missed and you can get started.
Once the form has been processed and approved, we’ll inform you by displaying a message in QuickBooks Online. You’ll then be prompted to merge (or turn off) your standard connection with your new direct feed connection.
Some other important points to note:
- The approval process takes up to 10 business days and if anything is incorrect, you’ll need to start over again.
- Do not fill any bank details by hand. All of the fields must be auto populated to allow us to process the form.
- If there are two bank account holders, make sure both account holders sign the form.
- Hand-sign the printed form. If there are two account holders for the bank account, both need to hand-sign the form.
- The bank account status will be updated every step of the process.
- To connect another account, repeat the same steps for each account.
- The bank will start sending your transactions from the approval date forward.
- To get historical transactions, you can download your transactions from online banking and then import them.
- Canceling the direct feed must be communicated with the financial institution directly by sending an email /fax/post.
- The bank feed will flow into your QuickBooks Online file once a day automatically after the form has been processed and approved by the financial institution.
- Your data is totally secure. We use approved bank system for transferring the data and the data is encrypted when it’s transferred for extra security.
- You can connect your bank accounts but not your credit card at this stage.
- Most of the financial institutions providing direct feeds support Cash/Transaction Accounts and Savings/Deposit Accounts.
Should you have any queries about connecting your bank account to QuickBooks Online, please contact our Customer Care team.