How to use QuickBooks Online on the go
In-depth tutorials and training
How to... videos
Getting Started Guide
Get help with QuickBooks Online
Top QuickBooks Online support queries this month:
How do I upgrade to QuickBooks Online from my old desktop software?
Data files can be converted from the Australian versions of Reckon Accounts 2014 or earlier (including Reckon Hosted), Reckon QuickBooks 2009 or later, MYOB AccountRight Enterprise, Premier V19 and earlier (.myo file type) and Xero to QuickBooks Online Essentials & QuickBooks Online Plus. Free data import is provided by Odyssey Resources, for a limited time.
Why can’t I find or connect to my bank?
There are two possible reasons why you can't find or connect to your bank:
- Many banks have multiple names on our list. Make sure you have selected the correct one.
- Your bank might not connect to all types of accounts (personal accounts vs. business accounts for example).
Follow these steps to verify that you can connect to your bank through the link we've provided:
- Choose Transactions > Banking.
- On the right, click Add Account.
- Enter the name of your financial institution and click Find. .
- In the search results, click the bank you have an account with.
- Enter your user ID and pasword you use when connecting to this banks online banking website.
It may take a few minutes for the transactions to download.
If your bank doesn't appear as a choice when following these steps:
- Follow the preceding set of steps. When you enter your bank and click Find, you'll get the message, Sorry! We can't find any banks.
- Click Request to add my bank.
- Enter your bank's website URL and the name of your bank.
- Once we receive your request, it'll be placed in a queue. The priority of your request depends on the number of people requesting access to your bank. Sometimes it can take many weeks for us to work with your bank and get it supported in QuickBooks. Keep checking back to see if your bank is in the list.
Why does the opening balance seem incorrect?
To understand what makes up the opening balance in a reconcile, open your Account History (Chart of Accounts > Account History). You'll see a narrow column on the right hand side of the screen that has a check mark at the top of the column. This column will indicate the status of each transaction:
Any transaction with the status of R in the check mark column affects the opening balance regardless of date, type, or amount.
Any transaction with the status of C or blank in the check mark column doe s not affect the opening balance.
If the last reconcile balanced correctly, but your opening balance is still incorrect, one of the following scenarios has taken place after the reconciliation:
- Transaction(s) were edited in the account history and the reconcile column was changed to show the wrong status as follows:
--Unreconciled transactions were incorrectly marked with a R so they affect the opening balance (they should not).
--Reconciled transactions were incorrectly marked a C or left blank so they no longer affect the opening balance (they should).
- Transaction(s) marked R with were deleted from the account history.
Now that you understand what transactions affect the opening balance, here are steps to help locate the discrepancy:
First, view the changed transactions report to see what transactions have changed since the last reconciliation using KB 5943 for step by step instructions.
If you're able to locate the transaction(s) using the changed transactions report, while in the report, select the transaction(s) to edit them. View the account history to correct the status ( R, C or Blank) and re-start the reconcile.
If a previously reconciled transaction was deleted, did you reenter it to its original state? If not, make these changes then check your opening balance and restart your reconcile.
How do I download QuickBooks Online Mobile Apps?
You can also access QuickBooks Online without an app by using the browser on your device. Please see KB5837 for more information on supported browsers for mobile devices.
- Open the App Store on your device, and
- on the iPhone, search for QuickBooks Online for iPhone
- on the iPad, search for QuickBooks Online for iPad (*may not be available for some countries)
- Click Free and then Install.
- Sign in using the same user ID and password that you used when you signed up for QBO.
- Open Google Play on your device and search for QuickBooks Online. This app works on smartphones and tablets (*may not be available for some countries).
- Click Install.
- If you are already signed up for QBO, use the same user ID and password to sign in to the app.
Sign-in issues: If you're having problems signing in to the apps, please make sure you're using the same credentials you use when signing in from a computer (if you're already subscribed to QBO). If you need more help, click the Forgot Password link to contact our support team.
How do I add my company logo to an invoice?
You can customise your invoices to look how you want them including adding a logo, editing the font and more. This can be done by going to the Gears Icon (top right hand corner) -> Company Settings -> Sales -> Customise -> Customise Look and Feel.
You can choose a template and accent colour, upload your logo, and specify columns, header, footer and more. This same customization window can be accessed at the bottom of an invoice by selecting Customise at the bottom of the invoice form.
Find assistance inside QuickBooks Online:
You can always get help while you're using QuickBooks Online.
Just choose Help from the top right of the window, then enter your question.