Sync with Square using QuickBooks Online
Intuit QuickBooks Online makes it Seriously EasyTM to sync your Square transactions daily so reconciling your books is a breeze.
Save time by reducing manual data entry
- Import Square sales transactions, fee, tips, discounts, and GST into QuickBooks Online on a daily basis.
- Import last 18 months of transactions from your Square account.
- Want to view your Square fees? You can create a report in QuickBooks Online so that you can conveniently view them.
Improve business efficiency
- Record activity by product in QuickBooks Online using the same product names you use in Square.
- Square transactions are imported as “invoices” in QuickBooks Online. This means every time you collect a payment using Square, the payment gets applied towards the QuickBooks Online invoice with line item breakdown of income, GST, fees and refunds (if any) making bookkeeping a breeze.
Reconciling your books is Seriously EasyTM
- Deposits, payments, refunds and fees are matched against your bank statement.
- Sync with Square app is free to use and easy to set-up.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Sync with Square app for QuickBooks?
This app monitors your Square account for different transactions, such as sales, refunds, GST, tips, and discounts. At the end of each day, every sale recorded in Square is automatically imported into QuickBooks Online as an invoice. Details of the invoice—such as the item and the quantity sold, applied discounts, shipping costs, and GST—are also recorded. Any fees, such as bank deposit fees and transaction fees charged by Square, are also imported to accurately reflect your accounts.
How is the Sync with Square app different from bank downloads within QuickBooks Online?
Sync with Square will provide a detailed view into your business compared to the current bank downloads capability within QuickBooks online. Bank downloads does not account for Square fees, tips, refunds and more when compared to this integration. For Sync with Square integration to work, we require that you disable the Square connection from bank downloads. Please use this link to disable now - https://qbo.intuit.com/app/banking
What are the current limitations?
For more detailed information please visit: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1207310-sync-with-square-faq. This version of Sync with Square does not support the following: - Import of customer details, such as name or email addresses. - Multiple location capability: limited multi-location capability. - Summary view of daily transactions. This version imports each transaction for the day automatically one-by-one after settlement.
*Receive a 10% discount off the current monthly price for QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 20% discount off the current monthly price for QuickBooks Online Essentials or 30% discount off the current monthly price for QuickBooks Online Plus for the first 12 months of service, starting from date of enrolment, followed by the then current monthly price. Your account will automatically be charged on a monthly basis until you cancel. You must select the Buy Now option and will not receive a 30-day trial. Offer valid for new QuickBooks Online customers only. No limit on the number of subscriptions ordered. You can cancel at any time. Offer cannot be combined with any other QuickBooks Online offers. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
- Data access is subject to Internet or cellular provider network availability and occasional downtime due to events beyond our control.
- Based on study conducted by Galaxy Research in September 2015 which surveyed 508 small business owners to find-out the pain points associated with getting paid on time.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with Internet Explorer 10, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari 6 and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. QuickBooks Online is accessible on mobile browsers on iOS, Android, and Blackberry mobile devices. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice. Standard message and data rates may apply. iPad, iPhone, Safari, and Apple are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android and Chrome are trademarks of Google Inc. Microsoft, Internet Explorer, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. The Trademark BlackBerry® is owned by Research In Motion Limited and is registered in the United States and may be pending or registered in other countries. Intuit Inc. is not endorsed, sponsored, affiliated with or otherwise authorized by Research In Motion Limited.